The Wates Family’s Foster Care Journey
- Today on the podcast, in honor of Foster Care Awareness Month, Katherine and Garrett Wates join the podcast to talk about their journey as foster parents.
- Katherine and Garrett Wates met at Auburn University and have a biological daughter named Birdie. They are licensed foster parents and over the span of 18 months, they have already had four placements.
- Herbie Newell is the President & Executive Director of Lifeline Children’s Services and its ministry arms.
- Rick Morton is the Vice President of Engagement at Lifeline Children’s Services.
- May is Foster Care Awareness Month.
- Did you know that there are roughly 430,000 children in foster care in the U.S., and they wait in foster care on average 18 months before permanency is achieved.
- Children need families who will love them through these days, and families need support as they say “yes” to the need.
- If you would like information on becoming a foster parent or would like resources in supporting foster families visit https://lifelinechild.org/foster-care/.
LIFELINE CHILDREN’S SERVICES
- The mission of Lifeline Children’s Services is to equip the Body of Christ to manifest the gospel to vulnerable children. Our vision is for vulnerable children and their communities to be transformed by the gospel and to make disciples.
- Web: lifelinechild.org
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter: @lifelinechild
- The Defender Podcast: Subscribe on iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify
- The Defender Bible Study: Subscribe on iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify